ticker

Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's That Time Again!

The minute the sun begins to peak through the dull winter sky, and the temperature rises the slightest bit, I am ready to get my yard spruced up! The garden expo really got me excited this year too! It is still not consistenly warm enough to plant everything, but we are starting on the abundance of yard projects!!


Rog built another deck on the side of the house. We had a big deck built last year, and love it. This one adds a little extra to the yard, and provides a nice sunny for reading, chatting, napping, or whatever. I planted some pansies in the planters on the sides of the deck, but unfortunately someobody's dogs dug them up....not sure whose dog that could be! :) Eventually, I am hoping Rog will build an outdoor bar type area with stools on that side with the trellises and ferns. I am planting some confederate jasmine to climb those trellises though, so we may just go with it the way it is!

One day during spring break, I said "let's till the garden spot" so "we" did. He tilled up an area twice as big as last year! It sounds like a great idea, and we will have so many more vegetables to can, but we both know that when its hot hot hot in July, we will not be so motivated when it comes to weeding the bigger area!! I am glad there are two of us! (last year, I had shoulder surgery in June and the gardening mostly fell on Roger-such a good sport!)
Behind the other deck, we have started a place for a small herb garden with roses on the trellis side. I have my herbs starting in the house, and will trasplant them later to the herb garden. I am still learning about how to plant and grow roses. My mom had a beautiful rose trellis, and I am hoping for the same.








No comments:

Post a Comment