ticker

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Updating the blog a bit

I have been neglecting the blog lately. The summer heat takes a toll on my generally happy state. I am definately ready for fall even though I know that the cool and crisp weather that I desire is months away! We have not been to Pickwick as much this summer which has been a little bit of a downer. Roger has just been busy busy ever since we got back from the wedding. The wedding was amazing and turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. We treated our closest family and friends to a weekend in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I planned semi informal activities throughout the weekend, and left plenty of time for exploring and enjoying Eureka Springs. If you ever get a chance to go, I suggest it. It is a great little town with a lot of fun family things to do. I loved seeing my family, and I feel like everybody had a blast. Our wedding ceremony was on Sunday June 6 at Thorncrown chapel which is a beautiful little glass chapel tucked in the woods. The architecture is similar to that of Frank Loyd Wright. It was a wonderful weekend with family and friends and great memories!

Fall classes begin August 18. I am beyond ready. The housewife role is just not my cup of tea, I find plenty of ways to entertain myself. I enjoy painting, sewing, gardening, and canning vegetables. I have had plenty of time this summer to do and enjoy these things. However, I like a challenge, and the world of education provides that for me. I am looking forward to this semester! Then, it's block, student teaching, and graduation! Yay! I am ready to finish this degree and get on with it! I am completely different with this then I was with my PR degree. My heart is in this, which makes a massive difference.

Overall, life is grand! I will keep up with the blog better from now on.....at least I will try!

No comments:

Post a Comment