ticker

Friday, January 7, 2011

A New Book, School, and Tutoring

I went to the library yesterday and checked out the book "Oh Pioneers" by Willa Cather. I read about on Rhonda's blog, and looking forward to diving into it. My long holiday break is winding down, and classses begin again Monday! I am ready to have a focus, and also to be one semester closer to this degree! This semester is going to be much more hands on, and I am very excited about that.

I tutor at Hearts Afterschool Program two days a week, and absolutely love it! It is a free volunteer program in Columbus that is available to students identified as being at risk for falling behind! I work with the same two students every week, and have really enjoyed watching them progress! It is a really good learning experience for me as I try to use different strategies to try to help the students comprehend the material! One of my students is in kindergarten, and one is in 4th grade, so it is really a learning adventure for me!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to think that it's the kind of book your mom would like - about pioneers and acceptance. Let us know what you think of it.

    -Rhonda

    ReplyDelete