ticker

Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
















I started on my Christmas decorating way too early this year, but I love the holidays and can't wait. Plus, my family is coming to visit the weekend of Thanksgiving (for the Egg Bowl) and we will do a dual Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration than. This will be Me and Roger's second Christmas together so we are establishing our traditions. Last year when I put a tree he was astonished. Turns out, he had never had a tree in his house during his adult life. I just can't imagine the holiday season without christmas music, the smell of cinnamon, and a tree. Last year was tough with it being the first without my mom. However, it was a year of new traditions and new people, and it was good. I am definately going to miss her, but I am going to make the most of the holiday season!



I put lights up on the house and the deck. In my opinions, they look great! I am especially proud of my door decorations! I also (as a joke) decorated the bow target with lights, a red nose, and a big red bow! He is pretty awesome and redneck!! I haven't put the tree up inside yet, I figure the kittens will destroy it so I better wait until closer to Christmas! Now, if it will just get cold and stay cold I will be in the spirit for sure! I got some new tunes on my ipod (including Alvin and The Chipmunks Christmas Song) and have been jamming while I drive, clean, etc. So, get in the spirit guys! The holiday season is a great time to count your blessings, love your family, and just generally be happy!! God is good, and it is a great time to remember that!























No comments:

Post a Comment