ticker

Saturday, November 14, 2009




This weekend has been a semi lazy one. Roger has gotten into woodworking....yes like building furniture. I am really not sure where this hobby has come from, but he has gotten fairly serious about it. He spends most of his free time out in the shop....the wood shop that is. He and Jay spent several hard core afternoons building a small shop for Roger to do his woodworking in. This hobby pushed him over the space available in his original shop. I have actually been impressed with his progress. He has learned a lot from books and online, and talked to people who are experienced. His dad also showed him a thing or two a few weeks ago when he came to visit. His latest project is a big entertainment center for our living room. I am excited! The one I picked out from pottery barn was $2500 which is way over our budget!
This semester is coming to a close...just a few more weeks. I am extremely ready for a break. The month of December is going to provide a much needed breather for me. Going back to school at this stage in my life has been difficult. There have been several times that I have really just wanted to throw my hands up and get a PR job. Rog has been encouraging throughout.
Jay has been staying with us this semester. I am really proud of him as he is building a healthy life for himself. He is working for Headley Paint with Jonathan Headley which has been an incredible blessing. The timing for that job was an absolute God send. God has been really good to me and my family this year! I am very grateful!
The wedding planning is coming along slowely and surely. I did finally go dress shopping and ordered my dress. It is so beautiful and I am very excited! I probably tried on five dresses, but knew that it was the one!! We only went to one store!! I have the church, reception place, caterer, cake, lodging, and my dress in place. We are down to the shirts and ties for the guys, bridesmaids dresses, flowers, decorations, and all of other little needed accesssories. My sisters will be my bridesmaids. My nieces will be honorary bridesmaids. Roger's brothers will be his groomsman. Jay will give me away. And, I have asked Mackenzie to be my flower girl. Zeus may be the ring bearer....lol...not sure how to pull that one off!! I am having a small family wedding in Arkansas. I am excited to spend my special day with my closest family and friends. Planning the wedding without my mama is certainly sad, and knowing that Gary won't be there to walk me down the aisle is sad. However, I know that they would be happy and proud of who I have become and how my life is going. I am grateful to have my sisters and brother there to support me! Life is just so good right now!
My birthday is coming up, and I am hoping Jay will babysit Zeus and me and Rog can go to Memphis or Nashville for the weekend. I had hoped something would be playing at the Orpheum, but there isn't that weekend. Harold and The Purple Crayon is going to be at the Orpheum in January! So excited!! I am hoping to talk Rog into a weekend trip. I just love children's books! Children's literature is my absolute passion! We are going to see "Where The Wild Things Are" tonight at the movie. I have an open mind, because I have heard mixed reviews about it!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome first post girl! I LOVE the look on Boss' face.. "who me!?!"

    I'm glad to see that you are happy and I'm impressed with how much you've already gotten in place for your wedding. Planning our Spinner Wedding- Round 2 has been a crazy challenge but that's because we have such a large and spread-out family.

    My heart goes out to you...you know how much I understand the emotion that goes behind weddings and family. I have no doubt in my mind that your parents are watching over you and while your planning, and maybe think of all those little gut feelings you get and all the seemingly impossible details that just magically fall into place as your mama helping you out in her own way from the heavens.

    If you ever need to talk, or just compare wedding planning notes and frustrations I'm here for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just found your blog because someone came to mine through yours. Congratulations on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete