ticker

Friday, December 25, 2009

A Great Christmas

Well, we had a delightful Christmas at home with Jay and the puppies! This is the first holiday that Jay has been healthy and whole in ten years! Praise God! He has blessed my family SO MUCH this year! We started the morning with fried duck, homeade biscuits with apple butter, and scrambled eggs! We decided not to exchange gifts, but did stockings instead. We had a great time this morning opening our stockings one piece at a time! We all three did a great job of combining gag gifts and real gifts. I got a Browning Buck decal (GAG gift), some cute book marks ( I am the worst about dog earring books), mase spray, some cool new paint brushes, an awesome oil frangrance burner, some super great lotion, and a few other neat little odds and ends. Pretty much the most important thing in my stocking was a glow in the dark compass! For those of you who heard the story of my after dark four wheeler adventure, this was a big plus! Roger and Jay got lots of fishing lures, batteries, deodorant....things that men like or need! I wish I had taken pictures, but I didn't! We are not one of those families that looks all coordinated and styling early on Christmas morning! We spent the day just being kinda lazy! I watched The Christmas Story which is a classic in my book! Roger has been out in the wood shop playing with his new toys! I found an awesome deal on a jointer and planer in the classifeds last week, called the guy and made a deal, and Rog picked the equipment up yesterday afternoon! Jay went over to Jonathan and Courtney's house this afternoon for a few hours! He really enjoyed it! They have been such a HUGE blessing to Jay and to me and Roger the past few months! God knows what to do, and placing Jonathan in our lives when he did leaves me without words! I appreciate Jonathan and Courtney and their kindness so much!

I have a turkey cooking, mashed potatoes, asparagus, pineapple and cheese casserole, rolls, and cranberry sauce getting ready for the three of us to enjoy christmas dinner together tonight! I absolutely love my life and the people in it! I will be American, and make a list of resolutions next week, but the two words that I am can best use to describe 2009 would have to be "Growth" and "Gratitude". I have grown so much as a person, in all of my relationships, and in my walk with God this year. I am grateful or the abundance of blessings that have been showered on us! God is good!

Next Thursday will make 2 years since my sweet Mama went to be with Jesus. It seems like yesterday in a lot of ways! I miss her and Gary so much, but am filled with gratitude and wonderful memories! I wish that they had lived long enough to share in the joys that me and Jay are experiencing in our lives, but my heart is full of happines and I will dwell on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment